Coatepec offers a glimpse into a well preserved Mexican town, famous for its coffee production and surrounded by the exuberant cloud forest.
Activities in Coatepec:
- Coatepec. Museo del Café. Coffee history and making process.
- Heladería del Quiosco. Excellent handmade ice cream.
- Cascada de Texolo. Impresionante escenario natural
- San Jeronimo and Santuario de Guadalupe churches
- Saturday organic market. Local and organic regional products
- Nearby town of Xico: Cannyonism, trekking and motorbike tours. Regional products: mole and morita liquor
- Nearby town of Jalcomulco: River rafting, zip lining, rappel and mountain bike.
Activities in Xalapa:
- Museo de Antropología.- One of the best archeological museums in Latinoamerica.
- Hacienda del Lencero.- Wonderfully preserved hacienda that belonged to former president Santa Ana.
- Agora de la Ciudad.- Meeting point for culture lovers and local artists.
- Parque Juarez.- Charming park with wonderful views of Cofre de Perote
- Paseo de los Lagos.- Great area for a relaxing walk by the lake
- Mercado San José.- Market with a section full of open air restaurants and bars, can include a visit to the Callejon de Jesus te ampare alley.
- Callejon del Diamante.- Quaint alley with stalls, restaurants and stores.